Nov 18, 2020 - Mar 1, 2021
Amsterdam hosts international festivals suitable for all audiences all year round. From sustainable cocoa to dance music, from documentary to street food, you name it: there’s a festival for everyone! Whatever takes you to this buzzing city, there’s always a good excuse to squeeze in one of these great events in your agenda.
Check out some of the festivals that are happening this year:
- IDFA: the world's largest documentary film festival, hosted in cinemas throughout Amsterdam. This year includes an online special edition from November 18th to Dec 6th.
- Amsterdam Light Festival: the city turns into a light spectacle for the festive season. Walk along the canals between December 10th and January 4th, 2021 to watch the magic light up!
- Tulip Day: every 3rd Saturday of January since 10 years, Dam Square turns into a colourful urban garden to mark the opening of the tulip season. Thousands of tulips will be waiting to be picked up for free!
- Horecava: The international trade fair for the hospitality and facility industries is a steady appointment every January. This year's edition will be held online.
- Chocoa Festival: every February Amsterdam hosts Chocoa, an international event about sustainable and quality cocoa and chocolate. ‘Good cocoa, better chocolate’ is not just a motto: it's a promise!
Like this event? Subscribe to monthly tips & updates about hidden gems in Amsterdam, Barcelona and more of your favourite European cities!
Return to overview