At Yays both employees and guests are becoming true residents unlocking the neighbourhood. We offer you a great opportunity to learn and grow as a pre-opening Operational Manager.
At Yays, employees are more than regular representatives: they are Yays concierges, the heart and soul of a neighbourhood. As a concierge you have hospitality in your heart and know what’s going on. Take this opportunity to work in a unique and modern way in hospitality.
For the opening of Yays Koninginnegracht in The Hague planned to open in Q4 2020 we are looking for an Operational Manager. We call this position Master Concierge. As a Master Concierge, you know what’s the need of your guests and can connect that to local offerings in the neighbourhood. As Yays is the thriving heart of a neighbourhood you will be an expert on what’s going on in the close vicinity. Yays Koninginnegracht will contain 53 hotel apartments with 24/7 concierge service.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring a smooth pre-opening, opening and post-opening phase
- Recruit, hire and coach a new enthusiastic team that fits the Yays company culture
- Raising awareness of Yays brand and concept in The Hague and in the neighbourhood
- Create an open environment for employees where pro-activeness and initiative becomes the natural company culture
- Implement staff training on guest experience, procedures and the Yays concept
- Take responsibility for the daily operations: finance, employees, organisation, quality, communication
- Be environmentally conscious and implement actions on sustainability and take an active role in the local community
- Build a flexible and lean operation
- Analyse financials to drive profitability and ensure financial goals
If you are Yays, you:
- have a degree in hospitality (bachelor or master) and at least 5 years of experience in operational management.
- are passionate to be part of a growing company
- are responsible, organised and able to work independently
- have hospitality in your heart and love to work with people
- live in The Hague or close vicinity and know the city by heart
- curious to learn about the neighbourhood and become an active ambassador
- are a storyteller
- have a hands-on mentality, are responsible and proactive
- are flexible and able to show initiative
Awesome to have:
- Full-time availability
- Other language skills besides English and Dutch
- Network in The Hague
- Experience in sales and account management
- A good sense of humor
What is in it for you?
- Salary (market level), holidays, holiday payment
- 3% pension contribution with freedom to choose what’s best for your situation,
- 50% discount for stays with Yays and Short Stay Group in Europe
- 25% discount for friends and family
- Connection with a lively neighbourhood
- Flat hierarchy, quick decision-making and lots of freedom to make impact
- Ability to bring your own personality to the Yays concept
Yays Concierged Boutique Apartments
Yays is a game-changer that stands out in in the hospitality industry for leisure and business travellers, and everything in between. At Yays Concierged Boutique Apartments guests become residents, discover hidden neighbourhood treasures and experience what it’s like to live like a local.
Yays’ mission is to provide each guest with a unique experience and to ensure they feel at home. We strive to achieve the same experience for our employees.
Yays currently operates from several locations in Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona and there’s more to come! Yays is expanding and has the ambition to operate in ten European cities within the next 5 years. Next year Yays will open its doors in Antwerp!
Does this sound like you?
Send your motivation letter and CV to Carly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions? Please contact us by above e-mail or call +31 20 344 9005.